What is The RaftMaster™?
The RaftMaster™ is a modular framing system for deep water culture growers. Made
from durable galvanized tubing, the engineered design and precision manufacturing allow for sizing flexibility from 2 foot to 8 foot widths, to any length in 2 foot increments.
The modular design makes this an ideal frame for backyard growers to large commercial operations.
The RaftMaster™ is carefully designed to utilize only a few different components and with the step-by-step assembly manual, the frame can be quickly assembled.
Bulky wooden frames that warp, rot, and are insect-prone are now obsolete! No more wasting your time measuring, cutting, nailing, and painting!
Why use The RaftMaster™?
- Time is Money: Why waste your time trying to build a frame out of wood? Plus cutting out materials, trying to figure out how to put it all together, and then painting it?
We’ve done all the hard work and produced an easy to assemble frame!
- No bugs: Most frames are constructed from wood. Usually this lumber is
treated with nasty chemicals to prevent rotting or is painted. Eventually the lumber becomes infested with termites, fire ants, carpenter ants, or other wood-boring pests.
- Complete Kit: The RaftMaster™ frame comes with everything you need: Frame components, screws, bolts, and liner clips. Just add the liner and your deep water culture bed is ready!
- Standard Sizing: The frame is designed to hold standard 2 foot x4 foot rafts (or any raft in a multiple of 2 foot sizes). The RaftMaster™ bed is slightly larger in length and width to accommodate a
little wiggle room for the liner and raft movements.
- Flexible Sizing: Designed to be expandable by 2 foot sections,
the RaftMaster™ will accommodate almost any growing space.
- Easy Assembly:; We provide a detailed step-by-step assembly manual that contains accurate and concise diagrams. There are only a few unique parts and with the simple instructions, you’ll probably just ignore the instructions once you start assembling!
- Light Weight: The tubular design is strong, but light. Most of the smaller
beds can be assembled and then moved into their final location.
- Strong: Although you shouldn’t do this, we have walked along the edges of our frames and they didn’t buckle under the weight of an adult.
- Long Lasting: The RaftMaster™ is fabricated from galvanized steel – the same type of
material used to construct many commercial greenhouse. This will provide you with years of dependable use.
- FREE Shipping: Complete RaftMaster™ sets are shipped for free to anywhere within the continental United States.
If the calculator below is not working, The 6′ kits are the base set and for each 2′ longer you want the bed, just add the appropriate extension kit. (Pricing of the Base kits and extensions for the different width beds is near bottom of page.)
A Few Other Items
- As with any galvanized product, we don’t recommend using this in areas with excessively high moisture and salt levels.
- The liner clips are made from UV resistant ABS plastic. Depending on the amount
of UV light they receive, they should last 3-5 years before being replaced as needed.
- The RaftMaster™ bed is designed to be installed on a clean and level surface.
The liner that you install will be resting directly on the surface. Therefore, the
entire area should be completely clear of any debris that may puncture the liner.
- A puncture-resistant liner (such as DuraSkrim, UltraSkrim, or ToughSkrim) should be used.
Plastic films that do not contain reinforcement fiber should be avoided.
- When filled with water, the total weight will be roughly 60 pounds per square foot.
Please make sure your area is capable of supporting heavy weights.
- Even though we mentioned this is strong enough that we can stand on the edge, you should not. It is not designed to support human weight, plus you would probably fall in the water!
- These are frame only kits, Liner sold separately. Cut to size option coming soon but 6′ x 100′ rolls available now.UltraSkirm FGC
We also sell Air Diffusers for use in raft beds. About .5 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air is recommended for every 16 square feet of bed.
A Real set up under construction and planted out.
This shows how the liner works in the frame without blowing out the sides
Price includes shipping (within the Continental US) as long as you are getting at least one RaftMaster™ Kit with the purchase.
If you are shipping outside the Continental US, please contact me before putting in the order. http://www.aquaponiclynx.com/contact Let me know what you want to order and where you need it shipped so I can get the price with appropriate shipping for you.
Please include your phone number in the additional information or Note to seller when you purchase since I need it for the shipping company.
- Raft Bed Frame Kits
- Product Options
# Option Price Sales Tax Download File Size Stock 1 552001 - 4' Wide x 6' Long RaftMaster Kit $149.99 Band 1 0 2 552002 -2' Long Extension Kit for 4' Wide frame $37.99 Band 1 0 3 552003 -8' Wide x 6' Long RaftMaster Kit $299.99 Band 1 0 4 552004 -2' Long Extension Kit for 8' Wide frame $44.99 Band 1 0 5 552005 -2' Wide x 6' Long RaftMaster Kit $89.99 Band 1 0 6 552006 -2' Long Extension Kit for 2' Wide frame $27.99 Band 1 0 7 552009 -6' Wide x 6' Long RaftMaster Kit $219.99 Band 1 0 8 552010 -2' Long Extension Kit for 6' Wide frame $41.99 Band 1 0 9 552007 -10 Piece Spare Clamp set $10.99 Band 1 0 10 552008 -10 Sets of Spare Nuts and Screws $2.99 Band 1 0 11 550005 -2" Bulkhead Fitting Female NPT $14.99 Band 1 0
- Shipping Rate:
Out of Stock